Facebook is the biggest source of traffic in the digital world. Recently it rolled out a new feature by which one can set preferred audience for individual posts to optimize news feed audience and visibility for posts. Here I present a step-by-step guide to set Facebook organic preferred audience individual posts. (aka smart audience). If your Facebook post targeting is now working, you need to bookmark this post right away and read each and every word of this article!
Indeed SEO Guide is important, but it’s a wish come true kind of feature for some Page Admins. Facebook post optimization was one of the most demanded features apart from Facebook Page Optimization. Now it allows choosing preferred audience based on interests, location, and demographics (age and gender).
You can get started to choose preferred audiences by clicking on the option as shown in the image below. This is basically Facebook organic post targeting.
Based on Interests
Here in this modal window, it gives two options viz. Preferred Audience and Audience restrictions.
- Preferred Audience lets you choose the people who you’d like to reach based on their interests.
- Facebook can help you to reach specific audiences by looking at their interests, activities, the Pages they have liked and closely related topics.
- You can choose up to 16 interests.
It even shows how many people you can reach in each interest category. Within the major interest category, you can choose sub-interests too. to further narrow out your preferred audience individual Facebook posts.
This feature makes sure your effort don’t go in vain. You can focus on your content and just choose your preferred audiences’ interest. Facebook does the rest.
Restricting the audience means you can select which age group or gender or location or language you want to target. It lets you target the audience based on these parameters.
Preferred Audience based on Location
Select multiple locations you want to target.After selection locations, you can even choose the radius up to which you want to target from the selected location.
Targeting Bulk Locations
Basic location settings was good if the target location list is small. But in case your target location list is large, you can use the ‘Bulk Location’ setting. It lets you upload excel spreadsheet and match locations based on:
- Postal Codes
Live Example to set Facebook Organic Preferred Audience Individual Facebook Posts
Let’s say you have a product ‘handbag’ for young women. You can set your preferred audience for a particular post by setting age group to ’15-25′ (or as required), setting gender to ‘Women’, location to ‘Mumbai’ (you can select multiple locations as well) and language to ‘English, Marathi & Hindi’.
Quick Tips for Reach the Right People | Facebook for Business
- Select your audience based on minimum and maximum age.
- Choose “All” unless you want your audience to include only men or women.
- Enter one or more countries, counties, towns/cities or postcodes to only show your post to the people in those locations.
- Targeting by town/city, region or postcode isn’t available in all countries.
- Leave this blank unless the audience you are targeting uses a language that is not common to the location you have chosen above.
It’s time to share this. Sharing is caring. 🙂